View Single Post
Old 2012-03-15, 09:35   Link #49
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
No, as in the English word "room" would require stretch mark in katakana, effectively being the third syllable.
And that has never been used in DF name patterns.
It has always consistently been two simple quick syllables.

Heya IS room. And it fits the pattern perfectly.
If heya or room is to be used, there's absolutely no need for Oda to choose room instead, and break its naming pattern.

Although I think ope-ope no mi is more likely.

Ah, okay then, I understand. Thanks for clarifying that, then. In that case I'll take your word for it and assume that your name suggestions are more likely, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I'm still wondering how Law in involve in this place. Right it seemed that he could be the man responsible for all the mystical creatures with his surgeon skill, but what happened to his other comrades like Bepo, Jean Bart, Shachi, and Penguin?

Yeah, I'm curious about his crew, as well (especially Bepo). Moria and Hancock already proved that it's not necessary for a pirate to ditch their crew in order to be granted amnesty, so it's odd to see that Law is apparently alone so far. I mean, of course those guys could still be around the island somewhere, but one would think that they'd at least be close by, especially with all the crazy dangerous stuff going on at that place.....

As for the haki argument, I don't really feel like getting into that now (we have enough of those as it is), but as I said before, Law possessing it should be very much plausible since it's basically a "minimum requirement" of sorts for those who want to conquer the NW. That being said, just being capable of using haki alone doesn't guarantee a victory against Smoker (who, being a VA, should have acquired a certain degree of aptitude for that power, as well.....).

And back to the frozen prisoners: I think the idea of them being the pirates whose hearts were sent to the WG is an interesting idea as well, along with them being the level 6 prisoners from Impel Down. In fact, Law volunteering to hunt down those monsters would be more than good enough reason for him to be granted amnesty. Of course, that's only considering this theory is proven to be correct.....