Thread: Apple IPad
View Single Post
Old 2010-02-11, 11:08   Link #83
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Cheaper laptops don't mean better. I am a former PC user and I have used PCs ever since 3rd/4th grade since that what they used. I have used various brands such as IBM, Dell and HP. The IBM doesn't have problems, but it got to slow (and lasted 6+ years). However, the Dells and HP hardly lasts even 2 years. Back then, laptops were expensive and my parents paid around $1000-1600 for these laptops, but something ends up breaking. The last few laptops such as the Dell XPS M1330 and the HP Pavilion DV 9500 barely lasts 2 years (and my old 2006 Macbook Pro is still working without any major issues). This is why I have a bitter image for all consumer laptops a like. Even though they are cheaper and higher speced than the Business Laptops (some/most have weaker graphics card, less RAM and smaller HDs compared to consumer laptops), but they hardly built to last because most PC companies don't know how to build a good quality laptop. Also, Business Class laptops often cost a bit more over a consumer laptop not to mention the crapware they install on the consumer laptops.

I am not one of those snobbish college kids who flashes around saying that all PCs suck or bash OSes in public. The main reason I use Macs because they are reliable and works for me, and believe me, I am not made out of money to buy a new machine every two years because they break on me, but yeah... If I have another choice besides Macs, I would probably get a Thinkpad and install Ubuntu Linux on it since they also have a good reputation of lasting a long time.