View Single Post
Old 2006-11-15, 00:57   Link #66
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
Taking out a clan as a measure of strength? Hardly especially considering how Itachi did it and who he killed. He attacked at night, and killed a lot of women and children. Not all the uchiha members killed were ninja. In fact most likely very very few of them were. I say this because ninja are always doing missions correct? After all tsunade always says "such and such is away doing an s rank mission". If a large proportion of the uchiha clan were ninja, then it'd be highly unlikely that on any given night, all of them would be together in one place (presumably konoha) and all of them would be slain. If a large proportion were ninja, then most likely some would be away somewhere on some mission. Yet they were all killed. So its more logical that only a very very very low percentage of the uchiha clan were ninja at the time, thus allowing Itachi to kill all the clan members. So who is he killing? Mostly women and children, and civilian men (certainly even the best police officer is no match for a ninja). So how impressive is that act? In truth... not very. If I'm Itachi, I don't see how that is any sort of test of my power. A better test would be to see how many S class missing nins I could collar on my own... but he's far too cowardly for that.

Its far more impressive that he's been able to elude capture. I mean think about it: he killed the entire clan, managed to do it without the 3rd Hokage noticing (and remember the 3rd has that crystal ball), managed to escape Konoha (and the ANBU presumably), and is still uncaptured to this day. Those are the real and impressive feats of said Uchiha Itachi.

That's not necessarily true. The uchiha had a whole dang police force and there are only 3 survivors to date - itachi, sasuke, and the 3rd MS user (and ?TOBI?).

But, i do find it hard to believe no Uchiha's were out on missions or something. Perhaps since they were an elite clan they were in charge of internal security or something or it was a time when all of the clan was there.

and I do agree that his escape was crazy and the fact that he went unnoticed - crazy to think all those civilians and warriors died w/o being able to alert anyone.

and planned for sasuke to come!
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote