View Single Post
Old 2007-07-23, 00:03   Link #34
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I'm afraid I have to disagree with the people who find the advertising and references to be well done up to this point. Perhaps it's because I have a knack for predicting screenwriting that runs in the family as well as finding maybe about 30 ads I've ever seen in my life interesting, but I've called pretty much every advertising gimmick that Lucky Star has thrown at me, and it's just far to predictable now for me to find interesting or praisworthy on top of it just being par for the course at this point. When I see an ad coming around every corner, know the characters and get the reference before it's really even begun I just find myself saying "Next Please" .
You name the problem exactly here. You see it all as advertising, not referencing because it made by the same company. One could pull the same comment with the Negima references in Sayonara Zetsubou or any of the many shounen sunday references in Hayate. It's not meant to be an advertising gimmick.

All but a handful of the items they show from haruhi are previously available or are already solicited and have a future release date. It isn't like they are creating new posters for the show and then putting them on sale. Many of the references are even just in the dialog or reusing voice actors.

In this episode, haruhi character cds 8 and 9 are shown as "new", they have been on sale for a good 6 months (if not longer) now. Haruhi cosplay outfits have been available forever. The same goes for the Haruhi ringtones and posters.

Now, what they ARE selling is Lucky Star goods like Akira's CD and the possibly, the Konata and Patie CD. (There was no product ID for this but everything else was there.)