View Single Post
Old 2011-11-06, 15:46   Link #102
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Kotomine has yet to discover for himself. You could say that, in a sense, Kiritsugu gives Kotomine a shred of hope that he too might be able to find something that gives him a sense of joy and purpose and fills his otherwise utterly empty and passionless soul.

And that emptiness of Kotomine is also the reason why Kiritsugu fears him in turn.(...)
I think it's not purely because Kotomine does not have any desire.

What I got about Kiritsugu(?) fearing him is that, Kotomine has nothing that interest him; he has no personality. (It's like Servants with Noble Phantasms, where the opponent can get some search for their strength and weaknesses if they knew the hero's NP; Kotomine has up to none.) And with the skills in his disposal. Kotomine is both unpredictable and dangerous opponent. In this mind game of Holy Grail War, the most formidable to fight against is the likes of Kotomine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm also starting to think maybe George Nakata isn't the best voice casting for Kotomine either. I mean I love the guy like nobodies business, but he can be pretty mono-syllabic in his delivery at times and I don't think he's the kind of guy that can carry a main character with lots of dialogue, but we'll see if things get more interesting with him going forward.
I think that is the point, so if people are thinking like that, he's very into the character.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote