View Single Post
Old 2011-11-30, 13:51   Link #19
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
Thanks for importing that MH post here, Ryus - saves me from making an extra trip.

While the other spoilers proved fake, considering the source of this one it's probably the real deal. Sadly, the only thing of interest to me was the last sentence... if that's true, then I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.
I wouldn't be... that would be the February issue (aka released late Dec/Early January).

It's always really short, something around 20-22 pages (think once it hit 25 pages). So even if next chapter is the 2 big fights we'll only be getting around 10-12 pages each fight tops. The issue after should be the average 31 page chapter again but the chapter after that (made in February but released late February/Early March) will also be a shorter than average chapter if the trend that holds true every year remains true (that issue tops at around 28-30 pages on average but has sometimes been a good 5 pages shorter but sometimes are full length). Then from that issue on till the next February issue the chapters are almost always exactly 31 pages not including any colored pages.

The last two February issues where 22 and 23 pages (chapter 99 and 110) and the last two April issues (released in late Feb/early March) where luckily ones that broke the old trends of shorter issues than previous years each being 31 pages (chapters 101 and 112), I'm hoping that trend will remain true but earlier in the series have been shorter but there is no way to know which will be true this year.

On the plus side though sometimes we get the February issue (aka released late Dec/Early January) really early . One year we got it a whole week before January started but of course the downside of that was it was more than 5 week until the next chapter .

Now remember the rule for chapter issue names is the month it's called is the date that issue leaves store. So ch 121 even though it's coming out now in December is called the January issue since it will leave store in January. I know it seems reversed but it's a trend going back to when magazines where more like newspapers where they'd publish newsy stuff and advertise things coming up in advance before the age of computers and the internet. So for example TV guide calls itself the issue of the week it covers but is released ahead of time so people could plan out what they wanted to watch ages before they could DVR it, torrent it, stream it, etc... like they can now.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-11-30 at 14:06.