View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 15:31   Link #205
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
2) If Asuna were to be "freed" from VRMMO prison, then she would probably keep being glued to Kirito throughout the story, thus absolutely prevent any other girls to make more developments with Kirito (In this arc's case, it's Sugu)
Sugu's story could be compelling regardless of Asuna's current status, as she's his little sister and I remember there being implications that they had a falling out before SAO's release and Kazuto's resulting two year bedtime. We could have had Asuna and Kazuto figuring out their relationship in real-life (which could be weird at times) while we got to see them navigate themselves in a world they'd left for two years. I can't imagine it would be 100% smooth sailing.

(Also - who's Miss Goldenhair from the OP? That's our other girl for this arc, other than Yui's return (yay!))

However, without putting them back into a VRMMO, it's just not the same story anymore. And Kayaba was defeated in-game, but still apparently hasn't been found. There's a thread I don't think it would be smart for the show to drop.

Re: New Evil Guy - My fiance already hates him so much she was vibrating when we watched the episode. They certainly did a good job with that part, but I think he has something to do with keeping some - at least Asuna, but maybe others - of the players trapped in the new game. It's like relentlessflame's thought - he can't be that simple, can he?