View Single Post
Old 2007-05-03, 11:38   Link #77
sakuraame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
actually i wonder how u initiate the communication. in ichigo's case, the first time... he entered the inner world without knowing how to. In zaraki fight, zangetsu appeared automatically. its like ichigo didt even ask for it o.o

anyway i dont think its as simple as zaraki holding back his reiatsu. In zaraki's case, zaraki hates his zanpakuto, his zanpakuto hates him. Their powers conflict against each other.
I would think that communication with one's zanpaktou would have to begin with the actual desire to know the zanpaktou. And since you point out that kenpachi doesn't really care for his zanpakou, i don't really see that process even beginning. Like you said, I don't think that kenpachi holding back his reiatsu would do him any good. The primary problem is that he can't hear his zanpaktou and thus can't work together with it, resulting in the clashing of their reiatsu.

I also think that Ichigo is more of the exception than a rule. Most of the times that he saw Zangetsu, the meeting was either forced by some invention of Urahara's or Ichigo was dying and Zangetsu probably didn't really want to die so early in his career...