View Single Post
Old 2009-07-23, 23:12   Link #688
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Holy shit this thread is boring. My own damn fault for reading all of it, but that was the initial impression I got and I needed to see if it was actually justified.

S'far as I'm concerned, the only proper response to this episode should have been 'lol'. Granted, going from some of the comments about rage disappating, there has been a general shift in that direction. The ending of this iteration makes it rather clear explicitly: we are being fucked around with; they are using the desire and tension of proceeding to the next arc to screw with our expectations; and it's pretty damn funny. This time it was funny enough for me to look up the episode thread, to laugh at myself and others about how effectively or ineffectively Kadokawa yanked our chains around. Maybe even, as someone noted, sadistically enjoy the nerdrage. But there's a problem here. Two problems really. And it's these two problems that made this thread (~part of it) boring as hell to read.

First problem is that most of the rage comes from tightasses who aren't even bothering to watch the show. Insignificant as it is, each ep is newly animated. Insignificant as it is, each ep does have a chance of actually concluding the story. These tightasses who won't 'allow' Kyoani to jerk them around and instead choose to rage from afar about their feelings being played with are just boring. Like hell you've actually been played with. If you actually watched the episodes, then you might be able to say that. 'Cause hell, if you actually watched the episodes, you'd see that it isn't 'milking' the series or anything, Kyoani are just pure and truly trolls. And at this point in the game, you just have to go with the flow, put on your troll hat, and laugh at all the nerdrage that they are carefully (even artfully) generating. The thing is to laugh/rage at their actual teases though, not this 'financially motivated' bullshit--and that means actually watching the show.

Okay, so those were the first problem. The people complaining without actually watching anything. The second though, are the equally boring and irritating attempts to justify these eps as interesting on a basis other than trolling. I mean, c'mon: 9/10 for camera angles? Minor variations from the other iterations, trivial references to other anime (K-on, Evangelion), Koizumi in a speedo? Does this actually justify yet another repeat of the same episode, another week without any plot progression? I think not, and anybody claiming that these repeating episodes are actually worth watching for the animation changes or minor references is kidding themselves. To be perfectly honest, the only real reason for tuning in each week is to see if they've actually progressed the story, if we're actually getting some plot and moving on, isn't that right? And in that regard, these past few episodes have truly been a waste of time. This episode was good for the mindscrew ('are they actually gonna finish the story today?') but it's added jack shit to the narrative of Haruhi. What's being built up here is Kyoani's reputation as trolls, not the actual characters, and for that it'd be a fucking lie if I said I was truly enjoying it.
lol. personally i think this thread is entertaining. that time loop youtube video was hilarious. i think threads like this is a good place for fans like us to voice are opinions/rants etc.