View Single Post
Old 2011-11-25, 01:54   Link #58
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Curious as to what sources you're thinking of. I do most of my shopping online so I'm not that aware of the local retail scene.

To be honest, I remember my university anime club being kind of factionalized in terms of what series people would discuss.
Over this year (no thanks to recession period some countries are facing), many anime merchandise stores have been closing over here in Vancouver and Richmond. While online shopping keeps anime alive, it doesn't beat good old fashioned visiting malls to check out what is the latest in Japan. The fact the Iwase bookstore franchise is the only one with truly up to date info, this obviously hurts the anime interest over here since not everyone could buy manga/magazines from Japan. For me, it was always about the eroge and pinups and this served as a heavy loss to me.

Next year will be in my opinion a sink or swim for Japanese media over here. Will the convention (The true anime convention, not the series of miniconventions held to keep people's interests alive) bring new blood in or will next year be another year where we see more fans leave the fandom than joining it?