Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 21:56   Link #673
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I kept waiting for a scene where Mutta and Sharon used her telescope. That looked powerful enough to see the base.
Not really. Even the european VLT in Chili cannot resolve the Apollo's landing sites as they are now since they are not bright. (it can only seen the contrast between brights objects) With a crew on site, it's possible to shine some lights and be visible from the VLT, but it's completely impossible for them (or their landing site) to be visible from a smaller observatory like Sharon's.

That's why there are still Apollo doubters. The moon is so close people think it would be easy to show the landing sites and stuff, but well, it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I thought "I've seen that moon rover before". Except this one's a bit smaller.
A prototype of this rover also appears in Discovery Channel's "Space Pioneer". I can't see if it's the same as the one from your video since your video is blocked in my country but I assume it is since NASA is mentioned in the title.

I had just watched that episode of Space Pioneer a few days before reading the manga chapter and I couldn't believe it when the rover appeared in the manga. They didn't insist enough on how you enter the rover while letting the suit outside. I thought it was pretty cool.

Last edited by Rahan; 2012-11-25 at 22:18.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote