View Single Post
Old 2010-10-22, 11:00   Link #48
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
What I don't undertand is why Ai still call Junichi senpai in the last scene ? it's strange.
Because she occasionally teases Junichi about acting like a little kid despite him being older. That's why she emphasized senpai when she happily agreed to pamper him a little bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5
It perhaps shows that the story we had witnessed was more a recollection than an active watching, and maybe sort of explains all the ridiculous scenes in the arc as… tricks his mind is playing on him.
I think most of the arcs are actually Junichi's recollections with each girl, thus they are told from his point of view. If you recall the opening dialogue for this arc, Junichi is talking about the past: "Christmas Eve, two years ago. After being stood up for my date, I was walking home alone in the snow." Based on his personality, it also explains how random some events may seem. In fact, listening to the preview for the beginning of Rihoko's arc, Junichi is oblivious to her being the protagonist because this arc will be told through her point of view and not his. Rihoko seems to have a very wacky, off-the-wall personality as well, so I expect her to do lots of silly things like Junichi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider
There are many, many words one can use to describe Ai's arc. "Educational" isn't one of them.
If you compare it to how most romances develop, I think its more realistic and natural. Ai was very straightforward throughout the arc as she was the one in control and planned many of the events that brought them closer. Likewise, Junichi responded well by taking the opportunity to create moments for them to come together during several segments. If something was on her mind, she expressed her wants and thoughts clearly to Junichi while leaving just enough to tease him and the audience for future episodes.

The opposite which you see in most series is childlike behavior by both parties which includes them misinterpreting the others verbal and non-verbal communication and them avoiding the issue while acting like immature kids until the last episode where they finally understand each other. Way too much stupid, needless drama for my tastes, and certainly not a representation as to how a good, healthy relationship should be attained.

Last edited by Mairsile; 2010-10-22 at 11:11.