View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 07:00   Link #80
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
the problem with that kind of reasoning is if your concern was addressed, the show wouldnt be as good as it is.
it would be a different thing if it was something like how they talked and what they were talking about(i.e. most of it doesnt contribute to the story in any way) as it would show how the show could be better off and the flaws.

the "talking" in the series serves quite a bit of usefulness to not only the problem but also to the characters. improving their relationship and giving some developments. if she show cut those out, it would be just the same as the standard "monster of the week" trope. those talks are what defines the monogatari series as it is.
No shit. As I've said, that's exactly why I didn't bother elaborating (and the fact I only mentioned it in passing means I barely considered it in my rating). I find it hard to believe people are actually criticizing me when I rated this show and its predecessor a 7/10 and 8/10 respectively. It's not exactly my preferred genre, but I didn't hate on the show because of it, though you guys are doing your best to try to make me.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote