View Single Post
Old 2013-07-22, 13:25   Link #183
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

<rant incoming warning>
His speech to Misaka in ep this, is just so painfully stupid to me.

Misaka asks if he has any ideas or plans.

Does Touma do the rational thing, and tell her that he'll fight accelerator? NO

Does he explain Misaka that his power might give him a chance vs accelerator? NOPE

Does he answer her question if he's ok with letting the clones die? NOPE

Does he ask to team up with him to try to defeat accelerator? NO

Does he just stand there spewing his ideals and looking like a moron? YUP.

Does he wait until Misaka attacks to say he is against the experiments? YES

Does he stand there until she attacks him all out to then explain things? YES

Does he treat her like a helpless child and leave her instead of asking her to help him? YUP

Did doing so waste time, and potentially have let Accelerator kill the clone for that day and miss his chance to fight him because his 'ideals' are more important? APPARENTLY.

That one scene made wish Misaka would have killed him, because it makes him look so stupid and arrogant.

No seriously can anyone give me a single good reason, why Touma waited until Misaka went full out on him to make him pass out to explain what he was thinking?

If that one scene hadn't been handled so completely idiotically, I could have been more or less ok with Touma's involvement in the arc, but it wasn't.

And for being saying it's a gender thing regardless of that treating a person as a helpless child and going solo against someone like Accelerator alone is simply arrogance and ego showing, it's not like she was physical injured or had something else stopping her from helping. (It makes sense given how events of index might have boosted Touma's ego, but it's no excuse to think himself invincible). And treating her as a helpless child tramples on all her effort to stop it herself, imo.

That scene on the bridge made it without a doubt the worst episode in all of railgun to me, and it was worse watching it again.
</rant>
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote