View Single Post
Old 2009-12-26, 23:12   Link #200
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
Good one, thank you. Best I've read so far and it has somehow blunted my shock and exasperation of this episode and the series in general.

Ah well, there's still the OVAs to look forward to and heh, perhaps a less trollific S3?
Hopefully.

People are taking the myth too literally, in my humble opinion. It doesn't make sense that Hei wishes for his powers in order to lose Yin, because he had been doing well without his powers even beforehand. I don't think Hei is at that low a level to wish for his powers if it meant to sacrifice Yin, especially with what Golgo 13 shared to him before he went there. The fact is that she loved him so much that she tried to stifle her evolution or awakening, and he, being closest to her, obviously realized it. It just doesn't make sense for him to kill her, especially when in the gate he saw there were two separate existences.

I think it makes more sense that he loses Suou (because she has become important to him) with the gain of Yin. He lied to Suou the same way he lied to Yin in the OVA, and he does that to only the people he values. Of course, everything is open to interpretation.

I think that Misaki got a lot more attractive with the last episode, though. She just looked fresher; perhaps the creators are tacitly joining in the fun with the Misaki-Hei dynamic, where she looks happier when she sees him.