View Single Post
Old 2007-01-04, 23:08   Link #16
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Well, I know how to use the spoiler tags (just look halfway through my post above lol). Xris and Catgirls puts it up at the start of each discussion thread and I take it very seriously. As I mentioned, unless the person browsing this thread hasn't seen the episode yet, I don't believe I've spoiled anything. I keep my points as general as possible and I limit my discussion exclusively up to the seen episode. Everything I've typed is either seen or said fact or speculation that anyone could have derived from the information provided of the series up to the here and now.

Of course, I'll always use spoiler tags for, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Excessive discussion on anything not yet presented in the series
- Comparing/Contrasting series to content found in the games or manga they originate

But yeah, I completely understand your worries since it was a rather lengthy and intimidating post. But I've delved into many long posts before. I know all too well the blight that comes with facts exposed before you want to know about it. I just thought that we could begin the discussion earlier as this thread is designed to do. = |

While I can't say a lot about Kyoto Animation, I can concur with monir that their animation style is supurb. I've only seen Haruhi and Kanon but they maintain a level of consistancy that's pretty appealing. Nice human-like figures, detail in the eyes, a non-static background, few pannings of single frame shots, and CG that blends pretty well (although I'm not sure if they're in charge of that). By the way, when you say they have yet to delve into the land of never-done, you mean that Kyoto Animation hasn't as of yet animated any original stories - stories that didn't come from manga or games or novels but from anime that was made to be on the tv screen first and foremost? Do you understand what I'm asking?