View Single Post
Old 2010-12-05, 06:24   Link #143
distorted_momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I think this has been my most ambitious project yet. When I saw this picture of Shana, I knew I just have to try animating those butterflies. Well, I made myself a new sig and banner out of it.

My new sig:

I even tried putting together both transparency and animation in this sig. I can't believe I managed to get it under 50 kb without compromising too much. I intentionally left the render slightly blurry because it gives a more realistic feel of a picture on canvas (at least I think so but most of the time, my judgement is wrong. )

New banner:

Argh, animating those butterflies are a pain in the rear, especially when the butterflies are actually a part of the original picture...(all the cuts and transformations...gaaahh...I thought my fingers were going to die from clicking the mouse button...OTL). And then I had just the most terrible time trying to create some kind of background/design to go with this render for both the sig and the banner. I nearly gave up. In the end, I managed something but I don't know... :S
I REALLY LOVE THE BANNER!!! The background fits well with the render together with the butterflies I also like your new sig!!