View Single Post
Old 2011-06-13, 15:55   Link #111
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Oh my goodness that latest trailer was a bit more of a sell than the previous one. Suddenly this is looking a whole lot less like a wacky moe on mecha school comedy (really not my taste at all) like it came across in description and the previous PV and more like a solid action show with albeit moe character designs. Also the characters are wearing clothing straight out of Five Star Stories in the latest preview, which is highly amusing.

I could see this turning out a little better now. I think the make it or break it factor for me will be how much time they spend on the school aspect which is something I have not been a fan of in modern anime. Code Geass got the balance right (although god are those school episodes easy to skip on rewatch), while Star Driver got the balance wrong IMO. Personally I have yet to see a mecha show set primarily in a school (as in half of the show being in a school setting) that I would consider above average so I'll look to this as an opportunity to break that trend.

Looking above I see Sunrise has assembled elements of their apparent favourite VA cast. Most notably Jun Fukuyama, Chiwa Saito, Ami Koshimizu, Kei Shindo and Takehito Koyasu, but I have to wonder if Chihara Minori can carry a female lead. She's been dreadfully dull and boring in pretty much everything I've ever seen her in so I'm really skeptical about this choice. Was Yukana not available?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote