View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 20:39   Link #334
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This show has a funny quality to it despite being one of the least funny shows of the season – I tend to like the second halves of the episodes much better than the first. I chalk it up to the fact that it’s necessary to be caught up in the sweeping theatricality and shameless BONES/Okada over-writing for Zetsuen no Tempest to be effective – it’s a show that must be appreciated on a visceral level rather than an intellectual one.

To be blunt, I’m not all that interested in any of the main characters in ZnT (so far the supporting characters Evangeline and Natsumura easily trump the three leads), or even the plot. But there’s a grand, melodramatic quality to it that can be quite enthralling. The beautiful animation, the old-school “stuntman” style special-effects, the sweeping classical soundtrack – this is not the kind of anime we see every day, and it’s to be appreciated almost on an operatic level. So far it’s not a great show by any means, but it’s very unusual and in terms of pure style, of very high quality.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2012-10-21 at 21:37.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote