View Single Post
Old 2012-12-12, 21:35   Link #43
rulfo

It's very painful to see Dekomori to get scolded like that but then again she left Yuuta with no choice. He already has his back in a corner and Dekomori trying to get Rikka back isn't helping him at all.

Overall I'm kinda not getting the episode that much. It feels as if there's something missing. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if it's in next week's episode.

When this show began and how I observed Rikka, my assessment of her was that she was an overly zeal person who got excited way too much. It gets to a point that she doesn't care about what others think since she enjoys herself. However as the show progresses, we were thrown with another side of the coin that her chuunibyou antics were nothing more than her inability to accept her father's death. Right now I'm sitting on the latter. However I feel as if that's not the only reason behind it. I feel it's not just black OR white.

Also regarding again about Dekomori, her last line at the end had me thinking that it does support the earlier part which was just out of sheer fun. In other words she knows it's not real but it's her personal quirky hobby. I know it's really frightening when you couldn't connect to a friend anymore when he/she has left behind what you both have in common. Especially when that friend is so close to you. You can only begin to imagine how much the gap between the two of you will grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
The way Rikka remove all her chuuni is bit...extreme you can say.

well i know that the reason of her chuuni is to find eternal horizon. now she knows that it didnt exist so there is no point of her chuuni.

but the way she become normal is just to forced and unnatural. she even try to ignore all cool stuff that even normal person will say wow.

compare to Yuuta where he still take interest in "cool stuff" and Shinka which she still keep all her book.
Well being in that state for too long you're bound to get lost. But yeah this is just like what Shinka has said, they're trying way too hard. I mean just look at how the contrast from 10 to 11. That's the place where they confessed to each other. The lights were one of the catalysts and it gets brushed off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
also make me wonder what is the real issue between Rikka and her mom. is her mom really hates chuuni? or is it just lack of communication?
For me I can take that she distanced herself from her mother for not saying that her dad was terminally ill.

Anyway regarding the technicality side.

Kawanami does it again. This person knows how to direct and I'd really really want him to grow and handle a project of his own. His AD partner also did a good job keeping the animation side in check. The animation conveyed the feelings well. Aside from that, what caught me off guard was how well done the storyboard was. Now, I definitely have my eye on Taiichi Ogawa.

On a side note those lighting effects are really REALLY good. It was somewhat entrancing at how the lighting was done for the water. Really good job.

Next episode will have Ishidate and Ueno. I'm guessing Kigami got himself working in the next project. Anyway with Ishidate as director, I am expecting a really big splurge.

All in all, wow such a heavy episode. Very very curious to see how this gets closed. Can't wait for next week.

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-12-12 at 22:18.