View Single Post
Old 2013-02-24, 02:01   Link #283
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R;4566610Imagine the following scenario: Makishima has Ko at his mercy. Akane picked up an old-fashioned handgun that Ko was carrying before it was knocked out of his hands by Makishima. Makishima mocks Akane again, this time threatening [I
Ko's[/I] life. Akane either shoots and kills Makishima with an old-fashioned handgun, or Ko dies. This time, Akane takes the shot. Akane kills Makishima. Her Psycho-Pass reading doesn't go up. Now she becomes interesting to Sibyl.
That would just be the system being blind to Akane's lifestyle. If she was offered to join Sibyl she WILL destroy it. The fact that the system can't tell the difference of someone who works for the righteous from someone who is apathetic, is their own problem.

People like Akane are what we need in government. But the political system in the story is directly incompatible with people like her. No one is above the law, even law enforcers. That's Akane's view. And as such Sybil with its permanent attitude of being above the law simply can't co-exist with her. One of them has to die, one way or another. I hope Akane lives.