View Single Post
Old 2008-03-05, 12:23   Link #313
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I finished my first draft of the prologue, but I think I made Kyon-ko a bit too feminine with all the shojou references...

Tell me what you guys think.

Spoiler:

Also, RmX, that scene that he's referring to in Vol 2. is the one where Kyon tries to hit Haruhi... somehow we're going to have to change that.
Hmm... Interesting but this version of Kyouko (or is it Kyonko?) doesn't sound snarky enough. The parts about getting kidnapped sounds rather too girlish(?) and doesn't quite convey the deadpanned tone of Kyon like the original if you get what I mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean Bandit View Post
*Ponders*

I have been considering the issue of 'Haruki' being an ill fitting piece of this puzzle. While I applaud the concept of Modeling him on Kamina and The Ouran male lead, I think he might be a little too generic still.

What I'm advocating is...in addition to Kamina and Tamaki...Mix in a dash of Sousuke Sagara as well?

Perhaps not so deadly serious, but an encyclopedic knowledge of Anime and Fiction devoted to his favorite subjects leaves him short on common sense? (The Cosplay Rape Scene with Mitsuuru makes me want to see Haruki tell Kyon-ko that crossdressers are a very important factor with groups of this kind)

As for the Why...Haruki, as he's shaping up right now, doesn't seem as likable as Haruhi. Her aggressiveness translates badly into a male character. (I think this has been said before) If we add something of an endearing blind spot to explain it (Like obviously having watched far too many anime: Something Haruhi {Female} Could also be said to have done, given her impromtu lecture on moe, in the anime, Kyon-ko might be less aggressively inclined. As in "He's not a Jerk, he's just an idiot.")

Side note: Kyon-ko muttering 'Baka' Ala Ruri Hoshino from Nadesico is too cute. @_@

Also, I would like to voice a vote against any influence from Shana in Kyon-ko's evolution. Her Charm comes from Worldweary Sarcasm and aplomb with which she tackles life. There are already far too many Tsunderes that yell and hit things, IMO.
Actually my suggestion for making Haruki is to not mix in Sousuke Sagara but Izumi Konata instead. The result is that you'll more or less get a GAR version of an otaku which might be an interesting character.

Btw instead of trying to think of the male equivalent of a bunny suit why not just put Minoru in the bunny suit (creating a trap for real) and have Kyonko join him after getting guilt tripped by Haruki.
tshouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote