Thread: Turn A Gundam
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-11, 23:09   Link #232
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
In regards to Sochie I would agree that her character didn't change that much but I do think she was developed quite well, she may not have changed much but I still think she had more development then anyone else in the main cast...

I think the main idea of the epilogue was that while she has grown older she still hasn't completely matured but when it comes to what happened to her and Loran I think that'd be the driving force for her in the future to become a better person, I was honestly surprised how much more attractive they made her look in the final scenes as if Loran really had missed out on something XD
I'm not really sure how accurate your assessment is. It's pretty obvious that Sochie had been soft on Loran almost from the moment they met, and by the end of the show, they had known each other for several (three?) years. While she had probably always known that Loran's interests lay elsewhere, I don't think that it's a matter of maturity to take it hard when he formally turned her down. It's hard to imagine that anyone can take that kind of outcome very well.

Quote:
I liked Loran throughout the show and I enjoyed his ending but I do wish there would have been a little more backstory on him, like why he was chosen to go down to earth in the first place and what about his parents nothing is really said in regards to them.
These would sit in the "nice to know, but not really necessary" category. Quite simply, Loran isn't shaped all that much by his background; which in turn made him ideal for his mission to Earth.

Quote:
Overall I think Turn A is by far one of the most interesting and unique mech stories I've seen and honestly it's by far the most unique Gundam show out there. I'd really like to see more of this abstract style and unique storytelling in future Gundam series.
I agree here, except that I thought that the first half of the show was vastly more interesting, and that a lot of the uniqueness went away when they went up to space. Unfortunately for us, Turn A never did very well commercially, and it's pretty obvious that Sunrise has decided to take Gundam in a different direction. The likelihood that we'll see something like this again is fairly slim.