View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 17:56   Link #45
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
I don't know if that would justify Kakashi's actions though.
I really don't see how Kakashi's actions wouldn't be justified if Rin really was a traitor. A case could be made if she was hypnotized (Wait...doesn't Madara have that ability (or at least an eye that can do something similar)? ), but if she was a traitor of her own volition, then death was always the most likely outcome.

Quote:
Or alternatively, does Madara have some kind of fortune-telling ability?
I'm not going to discount the possibility (and have long expected such an ability to pop up with an Sharingan user), but isn't it as likely that Madara simply used some good old fashioned eugenics to get what he wants?

Quote:
And recall that much of the Emperor's plan hinged on his ability to foresee the outcome of events far in advance.
Actually, to get a little geeky here, Palpatine's victory hinged on his ability to prevent other Jedi from seeing the future (since it is an ability all force users share...though Palpatine did have uncommonly powerful visions). He used the Dark Side to cloud the future and to directly influence Anakin's actions (by giving him force visions of negative futures, etc).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote