View Single Post
Old 2009-05-24, 01:23   Link #42
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
China, on the other hand :

1. Has phased out most of its old Soviet-era fighters and replaced most of them with J-9s, a third generation fighter (A-4 Skyhawk types, with proper upgrades it can match 4th-gen fighters due to its manuverability).

2. Is slated to replace their Type 63s completely with QBZ-03/56s by 2010-2011.

3. Has outdated T-72s mods, but has alot of them.

4. Has immature NV technology, ill-equipped for CBRE, but has excellent troop training (they are significantly fitter than the US Spec Ops troops!)
I'm going to need sources for #4. I've PM'd you on the mistakes you've made for 1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Isn't the Tiananmen Incident merely a failed rebellion attempt? And that it was caused by poor coordination and horrid strategies that don't even make senses?
Rebellion? Such strong words. I would rather call it "a whole lot of people lobbying the government which got scared and sent soldiers down the square." Too many people are focusing on June 3-5 and not on what happened starting from April 15.

Watch the video playlist on the first page. All of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
For something different, I point everyone to this rather famous pic of Zhao Ziyang. If I'm not wrong, it was the last photo of him being seen in public.
http://web.uncg.edu/dcl/courses/chin...Unit2/zhao.jpg

However, today's attention is not him, but on the rather stern looking man at the extreme right (with the pressed lips). You might recognise him as...

http://www.nodulo.org/ec/2007/img/n069p15c.jpg

The current Chinese PM, Mr Wen Jiabao.
Indeed. You may also hear that Wen has been called the People's Premier for his populist touch. So far he's been dodging everything about Zhao, but one can easily speculate that he'd want to make his thoughts known at some point. It'd be way too sad for him to carry that to his grave.

Quote:
Now, I'm not a top expert on the CCP leaders, but not all the top leaders of the Chinese Politburo are Stalinists. They may be hardliners, but the organisation is still seen as Leninist by many observers.

Also, I must stress again that Mao is not the whole CCP leadership. He may have dominated the Party in his later years, but in the early years, other top leaders were also very prominent.
China started veering off of Stalinism early on... by the late 50s they were ideologically divided. See Sino-Soviet split.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote