View Single Post
Old 2007-06-21, 17:19   Link #315
bleakessence

*off-topic*
GOD, I hate my ISP. Applying for rebates... <_<*

*on-topic*
A few pages back, someone mentioned that we ought to lessen the translation-discussions, since it more often than not steers the discussion away from this thread's true purpose: expressing opinions about KnJ's story (and other related stuff).

So I guess I'm laying off comparing translations between SaHa and NLB here. Maybe NLB or SaHa would care to post a site where we can discuss translation notes without worry?

Anyways, I also agree that KnJ isn't as taboo as the flamers have portrayed it to be, but there ARE some slightly questionable parts to the manga. Although not enough to warrant a book burning or something (lol), chap13 and chap 17 made me begin to see SSE's PoV regarding KnJ. Both chapters have gags on the first page that are, to be frank, pretty inappropriate for some (if not most) people... no matter the context of the situation. Sure, we who are not so prudish can look at it and dismiss it as harmless jokes... but I can see why the conservative types have some objections to it. As I said, though... it's not enough to warrant a cancellation of the series. Perhaps a warning or a more mature rating would have better been in order rather than straight-out cancellation (if the reasons behind it were as SSE's head explained before)

Last edited by bleakessence; 2007-06-21 at 17:21. Reason: typos and fixed grammar
bleakessence is offline   Reply With Quote