View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 11:45   Link #1629
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
lol, it's 2 vs 1 here XD

I am talking RankaXAlto in here so of course I have to concentrate on talking Ranka in here...I will concentrate on Sheryl if I wanna discuss the relationship between Sheryl X Alto

Ranka is helping MF and Alto..and by fate, Ranka and Alto happen to witness those life and death moment together, and their relationship got built on that...I mean this storyline is not new...because of her power, she got attracted by Vajra, and by fate, Alto is always with her in those moment...her role got more involved as story goes on and Alto happens to join the army..and by fate again they always got together when crisis falls upon them...I see nothing wrong in here

Yes, Alto "tried" to pretend to be "justice above all" and "tried" to kill Ranka...Sheryl did tell Alto to save Ranka...but when Alto finds out the slightest hint that Ranka was being controlled, he didn't need Sheryl's advice but to save Ranka ASAP with his mad piloting skill...You can say Ranka almost got him killed, but hey, Alto doesn't mind and tells sheryl and Ranka both are his wings...Now what does that tell you about how Alto thinks of Ranka??

I really agree with your last paragraph...many ppl have seen the show, some of them may not believe in my viewpoint but I am sure some others might agree with me...If you wanna call me or others who agree with my perspective as "delusional" that's your choice...I believe I am listing facts

That's all XD
Don't try to play the victim I'm just offering criticism towards a construed arugement.

The reason why I said that was because all those a lot of those "moments when Ranka saved Alto" also included Sheryl who was either singing with her, the scene is happening because of her (eg: episode 7, 10, 12, and 25). Come to think of it Alto wouldn't have been able to save Ranka in 25 if it wasn't for Sheryl giving him her earring, the same earring that let allowed him to hear Ranka ask him to "save her". That's another example of you ignoring Sheryl's involvement in the series. Face it if Sheryl didn't ask Alto to save Ranka he would have killed her or possibly died trying.

Problem with Ranka's involvement with the Vajra is that for a good couple of episodes she was separated from him because of it. It was because of her connection with the Vajra why Ranka ended up becoming the songtress of hope for Frontier, and ended up having very little time to be near Alto. It it again because of her importance to the Vajra why Ranka leaves in episode 21 after a confession at knife point no less. Again another weak argument, that goes against the facts. The fact that Alto says that "you are both my wings" to them can be explained as him meaning that they are both important to him. He doesn't have to mean it romantically. Although this is another weak sauce point for your argument, as if you mean it romantically then it basically mean that Alto loves both Sheryl and Ranka equally, it would disprove your own views.

The reason why your "facts" are weak are because you out right ignore the involvement of other characters in the making of said scenes. You have a bit of a tunnel vision whenever it comes to Ranka, that is what makes the arguments appear delusional. If you have to ignore another character's involvement, or contribution to make the scene appear to be just about Ranka and Alto then don't make the argument. If you have to ignore or construe a fact or that is or was contrary to your point, then you should either be prepared for it be brought up and for someone to call you up on it or you don't bring up the point at all.