View Single Post
Old 2010-01-26, 13:32   Link #125
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
The monk you can get as a second round starting pick bonus is really great. The rest are kind of lousy, though Himiko has her uses. Hojo Sooun and Omachi are really powerful diviners - Omachi is game breaking. The rest of the diviners are not too powerful. The Takeda starting bonus will really show you the power of cavalry - they're a great melee unit and they can be used in either row.

Leila is fantastic. Uruza too. I like Maria, but she's kind of slow.

I found my first playthrough was by far the hardest one. It's pretty normal to end with 0 points and start the next round with 5 bonus points (for beating one route). Once you unlock the Takeda bonus, if you start with it, everything is vastly easier. All four generals are great, and you don't lose anything by starting with them (if you start with the One-Eyed House bonus, you lose a bunch of potential points).

I found that kill the monkey route was my favorite for point earning. 1 star at first, then 2 star later. Once you unlock the Takeda bonus, 2 star becomes fairly easy. Generic females can be cleared, so keep a bunch of them with blank last skill slots in prison. Near the end of the game, fire most of your forces and replace them with these generics, then use Rance's satisfaction bonuses to get them all cleared, learning end game points while you do that.
max loss pts is 16.

but the advantage is you don't have to face off Nogiku or Noir with 9999 troops.

i consider the One-Eye house bonus the best of the lot even witht he high cost of losing 16pts. As good as the takaeda generals it doesn't compare to having Omachi.