View Single Post
Old 2009-08-15, 13:36   Link #116
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathdrinor View Post
It is virtually impossible to erase the effects of nurture. By the time someone is capable of making judgments regarding physical attractiveness, cultural concepts are already deeply ingrained.

But in general, the following traits are considered attractive:

Tall Height
Long legs
Lean Physique
Symmetry of Features
Double eyelid
Almond eyes (females)
Prominent nose
Narrow face
Light Skin (esp. females)
Lack of Body Hair (females)

It's also possible to judge beauty by what is not considered beautiful:

Short Height
Stubby legs
Obese Physique
Asymmetry of Features
Epicanthic Fold
Broad nose
Broad face
Prognathism
Buck tooth
Dark Skin (esp. females)
Presence of Body Hair (females)

There are also more "subjective" features like eye color, hair color, structure of cheekbones, etc., where people will probably disagree as to what is most desirable. Still, I think among people of European descent there is a preference for light-colored eyes and light-colored hair.
I thought most male don't find female who are taller than them not attractive and I think some do like people that are shorter than them.
Also the light skin and dark thing is so freaking wrong. Look at how many females are getting tan these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
* Blue eyes are recessive, meaning that in a population of mixed blue and brown eyes, blue eyes will be much more rare (approximately one in four people would have blue eyes). If you agreed with me earlier when I said that humans like rare/exotic things, then that could also explain the attraction for blue eyes.

Although I disagree with the notion that blue eyes in general are attractive. I'm turned off by blue eyes, as is my fiancee. The opinions of one man and one woman don't count for everyone, and I know that there are many people who do prefer blue eyes to brown eyes, but... well, that's the trouble with generalizations
Actually I find blue eyes unattractive as well, to be honest I find it rather creepy and so does my dad. I wonder if that has anything to do with lack of blue eyes in Asia, rare things could be exotic but it could also look quite repulsive as well. Anyhow yeah things like dark skin is probably result from nurture rather than nature.