View Single Post
Old 2010-06-08, 03:54   Link #10903
Kylon99

Well technically speaking the Core Truth isn't really part of the author theory. It was just something that I noticed that has to be a consequence of it. If you're writing something you would normally have something like it to base your story from.

So for example when you're writing a wholly fictional story... that is if you're a well planned out writer, you need to create the whole back story to the main story. Especially if the main story slowly reveals the mystery of what happened and what happened is not totally obvious (the butler did it!). Without this you'll soon be diving into plot holes as you try to work out the illogic of the characters and the settings. (Or being shoved into a closed room by a cruel witch because of your logic error! )

In the Author's case she's writing about (to her) real people with outside-verifiable facts. Maybe Kinzo being dead and Natsuhi faking it was not verifiable but Krauss being deep in debt was. Or Battler's personality. (They could just ask his classmates for example.) The 10th twilight became an outside verifiable fact as well. The Author cannot just speculate on everything or risk being branded as false. Especially the first writer.

Then there are the non-outside-verifiable (at least we speculate) facts. Like Kinzo being dead. The author wrote in such a way as to 'leave room' for the possibility. Same with the count of people on the island, she 'left room' by avoiding a declaration of the exact number of people. She also 'left room' by making Kanon only appear at certain times to certain people. It would be a stretch, especially in a murder mystery where clues are being presented to say that everything was accidental or the writer was just winging it. Maybe in a fantasy novel like The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. 8)

Anyways, that's why I gave such a short list. They only consist of outside verifiable facts or things we know now that the author has 'prepared for' since EP1 or at least EP2. It is a list from memory though, so it may not be 100% accurate or may be missing more things Maria must know. I'm also of the opinion that Kinzo's life status was prepared for since EP1. I didn't include things like Kyrie's pregnancy or Ange's 1998 life since that stuff only started around EP3.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote