View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 16:37   Link #50
Essenar
Fallen Angel

Send a message via AIM to Essenar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Just gonna throw this here, but even if the whole Helen thing was entirely erased from history, the war would have still happened purely on the "justice of strong", a commonly used notion where the largest force is the one that dictates what is right, thus being able to claim whatever they can get.

Well, you weren't raised a soldier - from that perspective, the world of Naruto is actually a really dark place for ninjas, unlike what it was initially portrayed as.
A) You're just reducing my evidence to its basis element. If that's the case, we could easily argue that it's still the same as Obito because him and Madara are basing their plan on the justice of them being stronger and dictating that their Eye of the Moon plan is 'right'. Isn't that correct? Please remember that 'free will' arguments are self-defeating and usually not useful in debate. I'm not disagreeing with you, merely saying that your truth only simplifies my truth.

B) A child's mind is a child's mind. While Naruto's world is dark, there is still an instilled sense of duty and moral obligations and an adolescent teen is still capable of sustaining permanent emotional scarring from a traumatic event such as witnessing a best friend kill the person they love. During the time of Troy, the mythology shows that soldiers began training in their early teens or even under the age of 10.
Essenar is offline   Reply With Quote