View Single Post
Old 2008-02-28, 01:06   Link #691
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
I hear you there. But I want to put some kind of decent level excuse up there.

As it stands. The Administration Beaurau governs X number of worlds. And it has been expressly stated that whenever the TSAB finds Mass Weapons, they go to great lengths to stamp them out.

In order to 'stamp' something out... you must have either really full on cooperation, or the means to enforce your authority, or some medium of both. If there is little to no cooperation from a faction, and the faction has weapons that outstrip everything the TSAB has save for cruisers (or potentially, has ships that make cruisers look like pop guns.), how does the TSAB expect to handle it?

I see a couple of different options.

1 - TSAB have more strong cards hidden between cannon than we think, and we need to really anylize every aspect to find it. (Some offside magics less related to combat show you can get some clever tricks thrown up. Movement magics that hurl things the size of a 747 right into space... But power measurements have been inconsistent in actual combat magics.)

2 - TSAB really are as pathetic as we see in cannon, and only have their position by virtue of luck and well played negotiation. (It would hold support that The Three Admirals did some really good work in the Pioneering days, and Regius having to deal with rampant crime problems as a result of an administration system that has severe problems maintaining its Control status of dissenters.)

3 - TSAB deal in many underhanded moves behind the scenes al la NERV and SEELE. (The Council actually kind of mimiced SEELE's no image monolith communications with their conversations with Regius.)

Anyway, if 2 ends up being part of the case... here's a theory as to why.

Mid Childa successfully reached a time similar to Earth around WW I or II, but with magic, developed tech solutions far faster than Earth did on pure tech alone. They reached the nuclear age much faster, and as a result, developed powerful weapons before their mindset had evolved to deal with it.

Thus, when they hit their War to End all Wars... it wasn't with just machine guns, trench warfare, and that kind of thing. It was an all out nuclear or near nuclear exchange that shredded the planet and shocked the survivors into throwing down their weapons.

Since they never had a tech and tactical equal to WWI, or WWII (Skipping straight to our visions of WW III), they never progressed their doctrine past Nepolionic tactics, never developed the complicated warfighting and battle strategies using conventional weapons, like we have today.
Even Regius shows it with his fixation on his Einharijar project. If what you told me was right... a big building with big guns on it. That's Battleship thinking, or even thoughts similar to a Maginot Line... only incomplete and was proven futile by tech and tactics that had already evolved past it.

That would explain why the TSAB seems to be mentally handicapped at least when it comes to tactics and strategy, and why they could allow someone like Jail, to lead them on for so long before they FINALLY got him.

As an example, for the entire plot of strikers... If I knew a threat that keeps launching armies of drones that are becoming more and more difficult to beat over time was on Mid CHILDA, and I was in charge? There would be a cruiser in orbit 24/7. Someone would always be on watch to mark drone appearances, their locations, and attempt to find any kind of pattern or consistant appearance location... And if I found one, I'd be dropping an Arc on the location if at all possible to do so without affecting anyone else.

The magical doctrine equal to an arty strike.

But I at least want to stretch Nanoha and mages in general as far as possible to give the TSAB 'SOME' credibility.

Anyway, I'll have to go after those frames for you later. I'm kind of warn out today. I had to get a tire on my car replaced, got the oil change and everything else done while I was at it, and then went straight from there to work.