View Single Post
Old 2013-02-19, 09:40   Link #237
AP24

Looks like my prediction might be correct. The anime will only cover up to vol 6. It will either end at exactly the end of vol 6, or it will cover up to vol 6 and then have an anime original ending. I hope it will be ending at vol 6 cause it leaves the possibility of a second season.

The series will end at vol 10 so if there will be a second season it will only need to be a one-cour series (12-13 episodes) that is enough to cover vol 7-10. It will cover the new school year, which Sorata, Mashiro, Nanami and Ryuunosuke are in their 3rd year. I am more interested that the new season will primarily be about Sorata and Mashiro's relationship. The first half will cover vol 7-8, about Sorata and Mashiro trying to tell their feelings toward each other. The second half will then cover vol 9-10, what happens after Sorata and Mashiro become a couple.

The possibility of the anime getting a second season is not high but still likely. The anime is produced by JC Staff which is a good thing. Most JC Staff anime adapted from popular light novel series had more than one season or their story completed. The average BD/DVD sales for Sakurasou will probably be about 3000 per volume which is quite average, but some JC Staff series managed to get another season even though the first season sold less than 3,000. Since the second season of Sakurasou will only need to be a one-cour series, it should cost much less to produce it.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote