Old 2006-07-12, 01:07   Link #138
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Except, PPGZ is not meant to be a parody of the original series. You are just digging for reasons to like it because you know its crap.
What everyone thinks is no more than personal opinion. On the other hand, you have no right to force your thoughts on anyone. We aren't the Borg Collective or anything.
If I think that the sky is blue or lemons are sour, that is more than a personal opinion. Contrary to "what everyone thinks is no more than personal opinion," I believe in such a thing as objective reality. I like to believe that some things are true regardless of anyone's opinion.

Now, regarding PPZ as a parody: I feel that I do have a good sense of satire. When something is intended to satirize or parody another product, I can usually recognize it. I didn't sense that at all in PPZ. It seemed to me that this was being presented as a program complete in itself. It's purpose was not to make fun of the source material.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote