Thread: Nintendo 3DS
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-21, 23:47   Link #153
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
No, this is the I Don't Want to Lug Around Half A Dozen Plastic Bricks Everywhere I Go Effect.

I would never buy a dedicated portable game console. It'd collect dust. I'd forget to take it, or intentionally not take it with me because I don't want the extra weight.

I don't want "a portable game console that also does things a game console doesn't do."

I want a cell phone that is an MP3 player that is a video player that is an MID that is a game console that is a PDA.
Basically what I've been saying. The times are a changin'

Quote:
Edit: I wish Android smartphones had better sound quality and a bigger game library. It'd be pretty awesome to game on the Motorola Droid or HTC Evo 4G's enormous and beautiful screen.
Hey, another person into smartphones here. For Android, your wish would probably be granted once Froyo 2.2 comes out and ends the device fragmentation of Android. That, and the promised speed increases would make you happy.

I am wondering about that one comment, that since the 3DS uses a lot of cpu to drive the dual 400x320 modes of 3D, turning 3D off should make the DS a really powerful Dual Screen portable

Heh, I hadn't realized, they're still on the SD sized cards. Guess having a MicroSD slot would have been too... wouldn't that have saved space in the handheld?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote