View Single Post
Old 2011-07-26, 02:58   Link #864
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
What I could never understand is, why fans were so surprised that Aizen didn't care about them. Isshin and Urahara, said that he was "testing" them in the chapter that Isshin defeated the GF. Aizen hadn't seen them fight and needed to see if they were strong enough to help him when he got to the Spirit King's realm. He also needed them to fight Ichigo so he could level up and provide a distraction. Also he stated that "divide and conquer" was his strategy and that SS heavily relied on the Gotei 13...Which means he needed to take out a few captains, especially Yamaji... So he tried to kill two birds with one stone. Have his Arrancar fight the Captains in HM and FKT. If they win, it's to his benefit, and if they lose, he will know that they're worthless. "Betrayal" implies that they were nakama, comrades, friends...whatever. They were "tools" to be used. When he has no more use for his tools. He discards them, in the same manner he got rid of Hinamori. Although in her case, he was being kind, in his mind. She can't live without him so he'd be nice and kill her. That dude is twisted and I love him. I used to hate Aizen's guts and I thought he was all hype and trickery but like Aizen said..."I shall slowly teach you who the God is that you will put your faith in. Believing in me comes after that"
If you actually want to know, it's because considering how much they were hyped up, we were hoping they would actually make more difference to the overall plot.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote