View Single Post
Old 2008-05-13, 19:46   Link #24387
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Those were minis? I couldn't tell really, seeing as they're hidden... Easily fixed.
You Don't see them generally, but Revolver Knuckle uses a... well, revolver loading system. There is one time where it is displayed in full view:

Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriever:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Nah, just her. Crash is a C rank, and has more power easily. Abby's barely magical, just like Fox. She gets by on extremely awesome (GODLIKE!) shooting skills.
Then it was me. Ignore what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I come to the OC in search of help. Now I'm sure most of you don't remember Rune Juril my OC (Unless you frequent the IRC and I said anything about her...) but I WANT to finish her I just... Can't decide on what kind of weapon I want her to have. :P

Originally I planned a swallow blade. 'Till I began to think its:
A. Hard to imagine how to fight with one for me
B. Where in the world does the cartridge sit without being in a very awkward position?
C. On that same note, where would the core be? Since its a Midchildan made device and all

So I began to plan other ideas:
1. Swallow blade
2. Katana
3. Sword/gun combo (So yes two devices)
4. Gunblade (Suggested by someone else )

Open to suggestions but I prefer a blade of some sort due to her friendship with Signum and helping Vivio with her own swordsmanship.
A sword-gun combo sounds really cool. The Cartridge system is obvious with the gun, and the sword can use a similar system to Levantine. The core would be along the side of the gun, similar to Cross Mirage. The sword doesn't need a core per-se, as you already have it in the gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
*raises hand*

How I view the fall of Belka:

- Until then, they were viewed as invincible until a sound defeat that made crumble the myth of the invincibility of Belkan armies.

- Belka has stretched over a large number of territories, to the point that the resources allocated to law and administration has stretched thin, forcing Belka to give more power to native populations of conquered territories.

- Mentionned populations start to make secession, this is especially true on the borders of the Empire where its hold is the weakest.

- Unwelcomed disasters, like bad harvest for the agriculture sector, strikes from workers in the industry, and the natural disasters (earthquake, meteor fall, you name it) has make the faith and trust of the population in the emperor crumble.

- Noblemen and generals want their part in the political and military power cakes and likely staged a coup in various occasions.

- Then there are this war that has brought the empire to its knees, and made it history.
And that's a perfectly viable way to view it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Hmm...don't know, to me, the red doesn't seem to go well with her hair...instead the blue version might suit her better...but that's just me

*runs*
The red worked fine in the above shot... But I'll play with various screens and colors for a while, thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Na my anime watching is acutally quite limited and specific if it lacks pretty strong sci-fi elements the chances I've seen it are pretty poor; though they improve slightly if it's a comedy, but then plummets again if it has lots of angst.
Then you should probably know that there isn't much about Hikaru that can be ported. Hikaru is an 'angel', a battle doll whom we only get to see move during the fights, and she never speaks a word. There's no past, no secret history, all we have is her in combat. Her fighting style and personallity in combat (really, even though she doesn't say a word, she has quite a presence).

Quote:
I suppose though her personality dosen't really seem like the rush down sort to me. *shrugs* That tends to be the domain of the hot blooded loons and such I'd have pegged her as a slower more methodical type fighter myself, but then again her characterization is at this point rather... pliable. That has up and downsides means you can do lots of stuff with her character wise, but also means that her history and backstory is rather thin.
Define 'rush down.' She doesn't buldozer in without a plan (having low armor, that gets you killed the moment you're up against a smart oponent) but uses her speed to her advantage, getting close before the enemy has a chance to react (circumstancial, but its the idea) or getting behind them and lay traps. Analyze, use the speed and agillity to avoid attacks while revealing none of yours untill you know you can strike.

Quote:
Yeah I've had that issue a bit too I've basiclly retconned as much of my early "lol SG-1 crack!" as I could basiclly O'Neil is the only thing left that I'm really mentioning regularly since other people (mainly goose) have put him into there back stories and stuff. I'm trying to limit anymore SG crack though and besides him pretty much the entire cast of my fic is now genuine OCs. (well Pixy and Cipher are tributes obviously, but are tenuously related to there source material at best, plus since Cipher was basiclly a blank slat I've pretty much created his characterization from the ground up anyway)
O'Neil deserves to stay because he's O'Neil, that's all the excuse needed. :3 And I have no problems with Pixy and Cipher, the best ports are ports that don't require you to have seen/played/read the original, both of them do just fine in that department.

Quote:
I just tend to be leery of most game movies in general as on the whole 99% (forget the usual 90) is crap so if you don't get my attention within about 30 seconds... closed.
True, but like I said, I know this machinema maker. This one was a rotten apple in the basket.

Quote:
Yeah I showed up in the middle of that nonsense sure it was good time for the crazies, but for the moderates not so much.
Things were a lot less... anxious back then though.

Quote:
I can see how it could happen and like I said I don't mind references it's when entire elements of the other universe and plot points start showing up that I start to go "Okay is this a tribute or a crossover". I'll admit I nearly did the same thing, but I've been working damage control and moving very much away from my earlier SG-1 crack.
One of the main reasons I leave Aspect Mages as a reference only. It's a fairly unknown magic style that's far in decline anyway <_<

Quote:
Now that I'd have zero issue with, but I HIGHLY doubt Kha would be amendable to such a thing he seems extremely dedicated to the idea that divine beings and magic are very real in Nanoha despite an almost total lack of even hints of such in canon.
Well, technically his 'Divine Beings' aren't divine at all. The Naaru are basically giant mana batteries (concidering their energies can be drained and used without their concent), which is a lot more plausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post

This was not meant to quell any minds...

This is infact just the beginning of what madness this Mad Saint has in store for the Layer.

If you have time, please Visit my FFN Profile - the link's on my sig, and read my fic... yes all current 96 chapters of it, leave a review or two and some suggestions.

And if I have time, another OC contract perhaps?

That reminds me to work on that fic.
Will do, later. Kinda busy at the moment. It's late and vacation's over. -_-;