View Single Post
Old 2008-05-17, 13:41   Link #39
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
They also suggested me a (not very pretty) workaround: Telling mplayer which chapters from which files to play. Doing it manually is a pain in the ass, but if it were to be integrated with a GUI like smplayer, then it would be certainly easier. It's not exactly a seamless workaround (mplayer would be opening and closing the files instead of integrating them) but if it could be made an automatic feature via a GUI, it could take care of the most annoying problem without too much hacking around. I suppose a plugin could be written--but then again, I suck at coding and I wouldn't like to offer myself for the job. If no one wants to do it, I guess I'll have to play around with whatever graphical API smplayer uses (is it Qt? I don't use smplayer, I use gmplayer, but the latter is not maintained).

Then again, it'd depend on standardization from the fansubbers who implement this. Not every opening is the first chapter in all files, and not every ending is the last one. I guess that could be taken care of by conveniently labeling the chapters in a standard manner.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.