View Single Post
Old 2009-05-24, 16:17   Link #12
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
So, for those of you that have played this game, do you think it is better than its predecessors Punch Out and Super Punch Out for the NES and SNES, respectively? I'd like to hear your thoughts.
My father, who played to all the games of the series, said that this one was his all time favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
I really do want this game, but with much bigger things coming out in a week's time, I'm wondering if this really is worth the $50.
IMO? it really worths $50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
I have this in the US and while it is truly an incredible game, I would say the price tag should be more around $35 or $40US for the amount of game content.

I felt like crying when I lost to Title Defense Glass Joe. x.x I never thought I would lose to him of all people.

To answer someone earlier's question, this game is more enjoyable than NES PO and Super Punch-Out, and has a difficulty level on par with the original (In Title Defense anyway)
I disagree. There are much more contents in this one than in the other games of the series. Don't forget that not all the people played to the other punch out games, and a lot of people will already spend quite some time in the first mode, before even starting the Title Defence Mode. There are also the challenges for every boxers. And even if the two players mode is not the best mode ever, it's still quite fun when you play with your family (like me )

The game is quite polished too (musics, graphics, sounds, voices, cutscenes, animations etc.)

If this game doesn't deserve to be sold at $50, then a lot of games on the three consoles don't deserve it either (and there are a lot of games that are not as good as this one).

So far, I will only complain about a few things :

- The two players mode could have been better.
- The balance board support is crap.
- I don't play Online, but I guess that some people will complain about the lack of online modes. No leaderboards either for your Times.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote