View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 11:48   Link #94
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Continuing here, or well, at least this particular bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda
Then what was your point in arguing with me? I'm pretty sure I said Hyouka had excellent visuals in my earlier larger posts in the first place, then you come bring Angel Beats into scrutiny + HSI being the only good PA looking show to try and refute the claim that other studios are not as good Kyoani (and by proxy Hyouka-wise), then you come now and say PA is the exception.
I never said any of those two. I said HSI was their BEST -- being their best doesn't mean the rest aren't good. AB! is the one that's bad, but this can probaly be blamed on Kishi not doing scheduling properly or I don't know. Something happened there, though, and it's very apparent because AB! was plagued with visual problems as I explained over to you in your profile's page. These problems include but weren't limited to bad backgrounds, perspective/proportions, bad storyboards, character art not really detailed and drawn very poorly quite often, with characters appearing 'blocky' a lot of times, etc.

I also never said "P.A Works" itself was the exception, the exception in that case were simply some of the works done by P.A Works, but it might as well apply to other extremely good looking shows such as, I don't know, Sakamichi or Fate/Zero. Those shows are exceptions to the crop of averageness we get every season...

And on topic now, like I said up there, I consider HanaIro to be their best show where visuals are concerned. It really nailed those backgrounds, but more importantly, a lot of times it showed really nice character animation. CANAAN had those two, but they were more limited to the really nice looking action cuts, whereas Hanasaku was simply more consistent with it. True Tears looked nice, as well, but I don't know, I always thought Hanasaku was simply more polished, again it probably has to do with the more complex character animation which in general I thought HanaIro did bit more in that front.

Angel Beats I already explained my views on it up there, and Another was somewhat poor, but those backgrounds were still really nice. Shame the actual show was much more of a comedy than it was a horror story.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2012-04-25 at 12:11.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote