Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-04, 19:56   Link #798
Blonto

I feel like I should comment on the ep itself rather than just reply to others.

I found out the episode is out from a comment here that said "Iori's death was through no fault of her own" and I was kinda fooled by that. So I did wonder if she would die. Well, no, I didn't expect her to actually die, I just wasn't sure how they'd go around the death. Like maybe put a stranger's soul in (though that would be cruel)? Or maybe at the end they'd run out of time without noticing and Iori would stay in Inaba (cruel, too). Aside from that, I thought a reset was also a possibility, which was the only way they could have actually killed Iori. But frankly I'm glad it all ended well. Honestly if someone died it'd feel like Bokurano all over again.
We did get some fantastic acting. Especially when Iori was crying into Taichi's shoulder, it felt like a real person saying that. The whole atmosphere was really heavy and unnerving for me because I often wondered how I'd take the news of my own death. Would I panic, cry, stay calm, ignore it? I just really related to that part.
I felt the "dilemma" of whose soul should die in Iori's body to be really pointless. The only one who might have agreed was Taichi, and I knew that wouldn't happen.
I really wish this arc was longer. I feel a lot of things were rushed through and I wish Inaba and Iori's problems especially were more fleshed out and shown to us in action.
All in all, I'm disappointed from a storytelling POV, but strangely pleased emotionally. I'll see how it goes further.

Last edited by Blonto; 2012-08-04 at 20:17.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote