View Single Post
Old 2012-11-30, 12:27   Link #103
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
As far as we know, Touka only hits Rikka when Rikka does something crazy. Touka is not a mother, she is a sister who Rikka picks fights with. Sibling fights are quite natural.
Touka is not a mother, but as an adult woman in charge of a minor she does have the responibilities of a parent. Her relationship with Rikka is not at all a normal sibling relationship, their issues run far deeper than the usual "Get outta my room!" crap. As for Rikka picking fights with her, I haven't seen that - all I'm seeing is Touka getting pissed at her for not doing things "the Touka way".

I don't see Rikka as an abuse victim, though, and I don't think Touka is "beating" her. The fight in this episode was a special case, and while I do think Touka crossed the line especially with the kick, I don't think she's generally abusive. She could probably be a little less harsh and emotionally cold, though.

Quote:
And Rikka prefers to live with her sister rather than her grandparents.
Unless I am forgetting something, we don't know why Rikka moved from her grandparents' place to Touka's. I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate it was Touka's idea. She seemed regretful at having had to leave Rikka behind before, so I'm thinking she wanted to take the opportunity to take care of Rikka once she was done with education and had got herself a job. Since Rikka doesn't get along with her grandfather (I'd like to learn a little more about that, by the way), I imagine all parties would agree with this.

Quote:
And I still think it is possible that Touka was planning for Rikka and Yuuta to get together, although she may want them to be just friends. We will see soon how that plays out, I guess.
"Touka planned their meeting all along!" or something like that? I for one really hope they don't go there.