View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 16:54   Link #5878
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
More you ignoring people's character.
Sorry but unless you actually have something more substantial to back up your claims, I'm just going to go ahead and think it's fanwanking...

Quote:
ZAFT has nuclear weapons. Instead of worrying about retaliation from that, the EA immediately equipped their own missiles and launch them.
Because they didn't think any retaliation would happen. They did it completely without warning. Orb is not in the same situation. It wouldn't be able to repeat that action again, hence why EA didn't even try.

Quote:
What show did you watch? They went back to attack after ZAFT used GENESIS, twice even.
In space? When?

When he decided to use Requiem and assumed he would be able to destroy ZAFT in one surprise shot?

Quote:
If occupying Orb wasn't worth it, that wouldn't matter. Who cares if Kusanagi returns?
Erm..what? So it was worth invading Orb to prevent a resistance from forming if they invaded Orb? That doesn't make any sense...

Quote:
Ah, so there is a prize for occupying Orb.
Yes.

Like I said, it would be a consolation prize. If you don't understand what that means i suggest looking it up now before i go completely insane...

Quote:
Nope, the Destroy argument shows that the EA is vindictive. And Orb knows this from SEED.
Revelant

Irrelevant.

I don't know how many times I'll have to say this..drop the Destroy argument. It has no relevance. The point at the very start has been about Orb's perception of the EA before the treaty.

And no, the SEED invasion does not prove to Orb that they can't later deter EA nor does it prove to Orb that EA attacks just for being neutral.

Quote:
When?
Episode 25

Quote:
They didn't think they could deter ZAFT in Destiny, they thought they could fool ZAFT. But ZAFT wasn't fooled and they couldn't care less if they had to attack Orb to get one person.
They never once thought ZAFT would be fooled. It was a horrifically obvious lie that even they knew it would be. They very clearly did it to try and deter them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Honestly, it doesnt really matter what instance you are talking about, Orb can't deter the Zaft or EA forces. it's a small country with a small army, the only reason they " outlasted " Zaft in Destiny was because of Terminal/Arch angel, and Talia sending out a general retreat to the Zaft forces, Orb didn't win that battle, Zaft's object was never to destroy orb, only capture Djibril
I talked to monster before that I didn't expect Orb to have enough power to close the gap against EA and that there were far more factors involved in deterrence than just that. I don't think Orb can stand up to EA with conventional warfare power either.

Quote:
When did Zaft ever attack Orb outside of Destiny? If you are talking about the small incident regarding the Arch Angel's first entry into orb, that was one submarine and the 4 stolen GAT-X series, not a big armed force.
Indeed but if you pay attention in Episode 25, you'' recall a sceen between Athrun and his friends, how they were frustrated with Orb's obvious lie and how Athrun specifically shot down the idea of escalating things with Orb. If Orb were no problem then there'd be no issue with ZAFT declaring war on them for blatantly supporting the enemy. But as it stands, for a supposedly powerless nation they were pretty damn brave to take a hardline stance against a skirmish between two superpowers that could both crush Orb if they really wanted to.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote