View Single Post
Old 2007-07-06, 13:28   Link #59
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... I think most of can us could deal with using japanese casting to handle the foreign parts, like you say -- ya works with whats ya got. But these factors:
1) budget..... Negima is filled with wonderful backdrop scenery and amazing magical combat --- like Harry Potter, its *key* to the story's pizzazz.
2) budget..... Makeup and outfits, we have Sayo the ghost, Zazie, Evangeline, Chach, and Setsuna who will need special gear of the expensive kind.
3) Kaede... I'm having trouble with the idea of casting a small petite 13 yr old as a tall, curvy, buxom ninja. Anyone else trying to wrap their brain around that?
4) Mana... hmmmm, maybe if she got a serious tan and contacts?
5) Evangeline .... okay, whatever... a wig might help? The actress does look like she could pull off gothy.
6) A male actor less than 14 who could believably pull off the role..... ???? He's going to be in nearly every scene of the movie.....

They haven't mentioned a budget, they haven't released any pre-production sketches, they haven't mentioned any casting for Negi.... so far its been: look! we have a lot of girls!
Lots of pretty girls alone never saves a turkey unless they have their clothes mostly off and tease the hell out of the audience.