View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 16:51   Link #46
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Unfortunately HG doesnt care about you or any other fans of actual Macross. I wish it werent so, but look at all the idiocy theyve caused over Macross.

But your point does get me thinking that at this point, years and years after Robotech ended, there should be more Macross fans than Robotech, right? So this movie is gonna have to pander to the lowest common denominator or else its gonna bomb big time. Which would be great, maybe thatd bring HG into 21st century so theyd understand that Robotech is *dead*, and bitching at Big West and Macross is a big waste of time because of that.
Yes I know you are right.
Some of us who grew up with Robotech, but got sucked into Macross (thanks to Macross II) really thought that Robotech would "die" after the 1980s.
Macross Plus created a whole new fanbase because it was/is an awesome anime IMHO and helped boost the Macross name brand.
M7....well, I'll not rant about that since it was part of some weirdness of the 1990s I don't understand (G Gundam...ooh, it hurt).

However, it is sad to me that Zero, and Frontier (both of which were awesome IMHO) didn't make it to North America because of Robotech.

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2013-01-26 at 17:25.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote