View Single Post
Old 2013-06-22, 12:37   Link #85
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
True on that one... and so in that case, the reason why no one joined the crew after that flashback is because the main characters of said flashback are all dead.

On the topic of Shank's crew and the weapons used... well, first and foremost, there appears to be just under 10 pirates as part of shank's crew (it's been a while since I last saw all the members of his crew, so I can't remember all of them), and excluding shanks, we've gotten three named ones, two of whom are skilled with a pistol, and the third a master sniper (I do make a bit of distinction between being a gunman and a sniper). Beyond that, we know nothing about Shank's crew

In luffy's crew... well, each member has a very specific role. And my best guess as to why we have two swordsman is because they use two very different styles of swordsmanship, (Zoro is Eastern, more specifically Japanese, whereas Brooks in Western, and more specifically fencing). Not to mention, that Zoro is the main swordsman whereas Brooks is technically the ship's musician. So while it's possible there can be a third user of a sword... well, they'd also have to have a different role in order to be part of the Straw Hats

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!