View Single Post
Old 2007-04-09, 10:38   Link #1040
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Most of the fight scenes have choices which can affect the outcome of the story (Bad/premature ending). Other than that, there is no gameplay involved.

Still, I wouldn't label it as your 'normal' ADV. The level of production gone into this game far from normal. Battle scenes are impressively animated with CG movement and animation. The action is well scripted and very intense.

Even without gameplay, Shirogane no Soliel has it's merits as a must play action title.

Title screen, one of the intimidating (yet very awesome) monster designs, and Ryuhei, the male protagonist.

Ryuhei is voiced in important scenes and when he is, his strong, hero-like character really shows. During his first meeting with Sol, he made a contract with her in order to defeat a berserker (ベルセルク) that attacked his colleagues. His wish was simple as he wanted the power to protect the people around him.

"護りたいものを……護れる力が……欲しい……"

This is Sol, the Valkyrie Ryuhei contracted with. Her character is somewhat tsundere-ish, similar to how Shana for SnS is, but much more bearable (less bratty, more obedient).

There is a pretty interesting plot device surrounding his contract with Ryuhei which again borrows a bit from SnS. Being a Valkyrie, her life is tied to the one contracted with her. Basically, everytime she uses her powers, Ryuhei's lifespan shrinks. Obviously, Ryuhei wasn't particularly happy with this loophole and forbids her to use her power recklessly.

Miori, another heroine that has fallen for Ryuhei. Childhood friend, Cousin and fiance (by their parent's wish) all rolled into one. Her relationship with Ryuhei is very close, however her not so obedient nature stops any form of progress. This changes however when rivals appear. Miori easily gets jealous/perverse, especially when it comes events with Hagaru. By far my favorite scenes are when Miori is in her "tsun" mode ^^

Hagaru, the mysterious 'maid' that is living with Ryuhei. I can't really say much without spoiling her background. However, her dedication into serving Ryuhei is not what you call normal. Despite never having lived in Japan, her Japanese repertoire from cooking to speaking and various mannerisms is suprisingly advanced.

The ideal maid? umu, no complaints here ^^;
It's been a while since I posted in this topic, wow. ;_;

Anyways, how many story arcs are there, and roughly how long is this game? I hope these aren't too annoying questions: I'm just passing the time as I wait for this game by playing Peace@Pieces, Nanatsuiro Drops (gotta finish Sumomo's arc!), and Prism Ark (KAGURA!!!).

I know it's been quite a while since I asked this, but has anyone else played F&C's Tenkuu no Sinfonia 1 and 2? I love both of them to death, even if the story escapes me...and that's precisely why I'm looking for people who also know about it.

Edited my post as I actually found the answer above. My pardons for that.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2007-04-09 at 14:55.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote