View Single Post
Old 2009-04-05, 00:48   Link #289
ItsTheMatthias

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
really? That'd be great if the 1st episode is different. After all, for all those who have seen the 1st anime adaptation, we'll have to sit through a number of episodes again to see the older Edward come onto the screen!

any news on how long this series will run for?
Well, if they follow the manga, Ed should already be grown up with an alchemist license in episode one. All of that growing up stuff isn't in the manga and was more of an anime-exclusive. The only thing that is really shown in detail when Ed and Al are kids is when they lose their bodies and go through the State Alchemist exam. There's no Majahal or whatever with the puppet girls or things like that. In fact I think the whole plot arc with Rose is a lot shorter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'd be surprised if Isaac is around for more than a couple episodes. I think he's just some character meant to allow us to see the main characters in action and such unless information has stated otherwise.

Given that they have said this will be a adaptation of the manga, I can't think there would be much in the way of differences from it aside from perhaps not showing some events though I am somewhat worried about this since many of those early things are touched upon once again. This is the problem with having another series when the first actually followed the manga for part of the series.

I'm thinking 50-51 episodes for the series myself and I think there is enough material.
Yeah, a lot of people have been saying that already. I think it's true since in the promo it shows a slow close up of Ed's right automail arm... so I'm guessing everyone's speculation is right.