View Single Post
Old 2011-03-22, 12:49   Link #280
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
Houki = the obligatory childhood friend, in other anime it translates to the 'destinied girl'

Laura = the obligatory flat chested girl, merchandise material

Charlotte = the sweet girl, not really a must in a generic harem anime formula but nice to have anyway

Rin = ?????

Cecillia = ?????

I really dont get the initial motivation for having Cecillia and Rin in the anime

*my own view, please dont hang me
Not gonna hang you, but I think you started something good here. I'll pitch in my views

Houki: One of the few ponytail mains these days, there's a particular reason why I like her which will be explained in her thread later (I will warn ahead of time, it'll be a wally text, but like always, it's a wall of text worth reading ) The tsundere who I wish would beat me up.

Rinny: The twintail with a small body. Why couldn't she at least be Miku sized This is the girl in the group who is easygoing and quite the type to not hold in her thoughts.

Cecy-chan: Ah, the ojousama type. I gotta confess, her headband is cute, and a nice identifier that makes her stick out. She's quite ladylike and the group's upstanding citizen. Gets shocked easily of non-ladylike behavior, much to my amusement

Shirley: Tomboy. One of the few (reverse) traps to maintain long hair, spent most of her life learning the ways of man. The group's laid-back type, she gives off quite the motherly aura

Laura: Weapon. Damage rating capable of exceeding-... wait a minute, this is about her being a girl, not a machine The group's dead-serious dead-ringer for a deadpan persona, I think I just said "dead" one to many deadly times ahem anyways, the serious type, she knows how to carry out what she believes in without even moving a facial muscle.

Now, you can hang me, burn me, throw me off the cliff Houki was standing on at the end of episode 09, bring it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamayo View Post
I didn't believe you guys at first, but after looking at the character design sheet, I gotta' admit those are some pretty nice boots! Easily the best footwear out of the whole cast and they look both athletic and comfortable with well detailed black lace that unifies her hair ribbons and uniform as a whole quite nicely. It seems Charlotte wears just regular sneakers by comparison, possibly even without any socks - oh the humanity! Why Charlotte? Why?!
Once again, I think you started quite the topic that I intend to follow with. This brings back memories of that very serious speculation surrounding Dai Maou's Soga Keena and her unique uniform (I don't even remember us even getting an explanation for that). Very easy to see in IS is that the 5 girls are unique in their uniform as they are for their personal IS's. Let's look under their skirts er I mean let's look in depth:

Houki: I'd say she follows in the steps of the standard uniform shared throughout the entire school. The long sleeved, short skirted uniform, she wins points from me for zettai ryouiki, knee high boots, and her bow in the color of my favorite color, green

Rinny: Really, her standout points are a cute shoulder-less uniform, and hiking boots. The boots appeal specially to me because in real life, I use Caterpillar boots as my everyday outdoor shoes regardless of occasion, shopping, business luncheon, etc, which is probably an indicator of my zany personality . Rinny's knee-high socks and sleeves-too-long for her size are additional differences when compared to Houki.

Cecy-chan: Probably to define her ojousama figure, Cecy-chan is the only one I've seen in this series (that I recall) to wear a long knee-high skirt, penny loafer shoes and pantyhose. I proudly admit with my head held high, "I wish I could see more of her pantyhose clad legs"

Shirley: Hard to put my foot on this one. Starts out in the male uniform, later on looks to have dropped just the pants? Though upon closer inspection it looks like she dropped the Steve Jobs turtleneck and top uniform as well, changing to the string ribbon shirt, girl's size top, and kept her legs... bare, a rare treat for a leg fetish like me

Laura: I had a bit of a chuckle here. Horse riding jockey pants, and knee-high boots? Which always had my gentleman worries of wondering where's the skirt, or show me some leg girl! wondering if the poor girl is too hot in those, meine gott girl I have a hard time looking at you without breaking a sweat, she quite literally looks so hot in that uniform Someone turn on the AC!

Which led me to wonder, if the differences in clothing is leeway for the different countries/cultures of the 4 girls (Cecy, Rinny, Shirley and Laura). I'll say this now, it's my idea alright, I want to mix and mash these uniforms into the perfect, shoulder-less, thigh-high stockings, penny loafers, and miniskirt. YEAH!