Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-20, 10:40   Link #2003
night_sentinel

@uis Here is the missing Uzusan picture.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

@Myssa Rei
Anyway, I just called the girl blondie since her hair seems light and its the natural color of fair haired individual irl, but since the manga is black and white her hair could be an assortment of light colors like perhaps silver or perhaps some sort of light blue color like Kinue. But for the ease of discussion I would still call the girl which is at Saki's right at the picture blondie just because.

Anyway, though I don't think its very probable but nether less it would be fun if Awaii is related to Teru.

Of course, being related to Teru means being related to Saki... so Awaii would automatically know who Saki is and vice versa. They might even be familiar with each other which makes me look forward to their interactions more. Consequently, if this is true, this reinforce the impression that the Miyanaga family are monsters

Sigh ... pity this are all just wild speculations, now I want this to actually happen.

@Triple_R

I still think that whatever happened, Saki didn't accidentally kill or permanently maim someone... For me, Saki is just too darn sensitive that any implications that she might have have caused the death of someone even if it is not her fault and she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and with no one blaming her might push her to the depths of self-loathing or depression.

And if this theory is true, Teru clearly blamed Saki which is worse... So no heinous consequence like someone dying should have happened that can be blamed on Saki since presently Saki thinks that their relationship can actually be salvaged and Teru might be able to forgive her. And I can't really imagine Saki thinking this if Teru blames her for killing someone even on a technicality.

Anyway I like your next theory more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R

The woman off to the side that we can't see is a woman that Saki's dad had an affair with. The blonde-haired girl is a child that resulted from that affair. The blonde-haired girl would hence be Teru's half-sister.

Now, going off of this, there's two possibilities here:

1) When it came out that Saki's dad had cheated on his wife, and even fathered a child with that other woman, it naturally split the Miyanagas apart. Teru sided with her mother, while perhaps Saki was more forgiving of her father and tried to keep the family together, which Teru objected to given what her father did. Teru and Saki are full biological sisters, and at least part of their estrangement is due to them taking different positions in this severe family dispute.

2) Saki herself is the daughter of Teru's dad and the other woman. Teru and Saki are hence half-sisters themselves, and given the circumstances surrounding that, it becomes very easy to see why Teru would deny that she has a sister. Teru refuses to consider Saki her sister because Saki is the child of the woman that Teru blames for her parents' separation. This would be more dramatic, but also more convoluted and could raise some difficult questions plot-wise.
The two theories are sound and it actually gives reasonable explanations for both siblings point of views.

Theory number 1 is actually consistent with their given personality, Teru seems to be the type who will not take something like infidelity lying down while Saki is quite forgiving that it is very easy to see her not holding something like that against her dad. Beside this, from the pier scenery, Saki looks like she is getting along with blondie which following with this theory is her half-sibling so it is very possible that Saki is quite okay with her dad occasionally straying.

Of course the biggest weakness of this theory would be where is blondie and the other woman? Why haven't they even mentioned ?

Theory number 2 is also sound and it actually supports both the siblings perspective since technically if this theory is right both Saki and Teru is technically telling the truth. Of course if this is theory is true, then either Saki is full sibling with blondie or Saki is both half-siblings with Teru and Blondie.

Though, a problem with this theory is if Saki is actually half sibling with Teru, there must be another thing that will cause their rift because flashback Saki and Teru has a pretty good relationship.

And of course, this theory also suffers the glaring problem of where is blondie and her mom and its even worse, since at least in theory 1 we could give Teru more priority than blondie since Saki and Teru are full siblings. But if we go by theory 2 then blondie and Teru are both Saki's half sibling and would get the same priority.

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2012-09-20 at 11:09.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote